Proverbs 31:25 “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.”
Christmas is fast approaching. Therefore, I thought I would prepare a list of some of the funny things that happened to us with on mission. Mission work is difficult at times but does provide for lots of laughs also. I hope you enjoy it.
- Kissed a giraffe on the mouth.
- Learned to braid goat intestines.
- Was tricked into watching a cow be butchered for my dinner.
- Had a baboon watch me go to the bathroom behind a rock.
- Petted a real, live cheetah and survived it.
- Helped construct a building using cow manure for plaster.
- Took Nepal children to dinner and learned they had never tasted ice cream or ridden on an escalator.
- Learned to call myself “Crazy White Person” in a tribal language.
- Bathed in an outdoor shower while someone milked a cow in the stall next to me.
- Learned how to “knock” on a door for a home made of plastic sheeting. (clue – you clapped your hands loudly).
Merry Christmas and May the Lord Bless you this Christmas time
Matthew 28:19 “Therefore, GO and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”