Does He Love Me?
Do any of you remember using a daisy to determine if a boy loved you or not? We wonder, Does he love me? On one petal, we would say, “He loves me,” and on the next petal we would say, “He loves me not.” The game would continue until all the flower disappeared. This method determined how a young man felt about us. The game seems silly now, but the entertainment came from the daydreaming of possibilities of finding our one true connection.
As we fast forward to today, do we still search to know if someone loves us? I think we all seek for that feeling that comes with being loved. Many people spend their entire lives looking for that special feeling. But, why do some people never find the emotion that fulfills them? Someone once told me that we are all born with a hole in our hearts that can only be filled by one person. So, who can satisfy that need?
You may have already guessed the answer, Jesus. When we accept the love of Christ and respond in kind to Him, we are changed. God completes us and fills up our hearts. Through His deep affections, we learn acceptance and surrender of self to His perfect will. We also find peace that transcends human understanding. In Christ, we see the the emotions we wanted.
Our Father in heaven is a God of love. He wrote an intimate letter to all of us in the form of the Bible. When we feel unwanted, unappreciated, or just plain hated, the Bible offers us a multitude of verses to remind us that we are loved. If we use the Bible like the daisy, all the petals will tell us He is devoted to us. We don’t need to guess how God feels about us. Below, I included a list of my ten favorite Bible verses on God’s tenderness. I hope you enjoy them too.
Top Ten List
- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. – John 3:16
- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. -1 Chronicles 16:34
- See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. – 1 John 3:1
- Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever. – Psalm 136:26
- The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. – Zephaniah 3:17
- God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. – Romans 5:8
- But you are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. – Nehemiah 9:17
- How precious is your unfailing love, O God! – Psalm 36:7
- I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. – Galatians 2:20
- The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.- Jeremiah 31:3
I also included a free printout of these ten Bible verses. You can refer back to them anytime you are feeling unloved by the world. He will never leave us or forsake us. He cares us so much that He died on the cross so we could be together for all eternity. Not many people would lay down their life to show their affections, but Jesus did.
Free Printable of the Top Ten Verses
I would like to hear from you. What are your favorite verses on this subject?
Yvonne M Morgan, #Blogger, #Speaker, #Writer
Matthew 28:19 “Therefore, GO and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
100% of the proceeds from sales of my book, Turning Mountains Into Molehills, go to help the orphans at Orphan Relief Effort, Inc