How are you holding up during this pandemic? I admit that I find myself struggling to understand what is happening. Confined and lonely, sometimes, I can’t even find the energy to do much of anything. Most of my day gets spent online or watching TV. Life feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone. And, with no end in sight, the quarantine blues force me to seek out something better, or at least something to lighten my soul.
As a person of faith, I figure the best place to start is with my Bible. I find so many stories of how others overcame strife or battled problems to find a fountain of hope. Their hope came from trusting in God. That same belief can help us today. Even if the quarantine blues tell us otherwise, we are never alone or forgotten by the One who created us. Throughout the Bible, God offers us many promises for a better future. These assurances do not mean life will only be easy or perfect, but they do provide us a hope that nothing can take away from us. So, let’s look at some of these promises.
Promises that God is always with us
- “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.” James 4:7-8.
- “And the Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8.
- “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you.” Joshua 1:5.
- “So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” Hebrew 13:6.
- “teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20.
Promises of Protection
- “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13.
- “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thessalonians 3:3.
- “n times of trouble, may the LORD answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.” Psalm 20:1.
- “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.” Psalm 46:1.
- “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.” John 10:28.
Promises of a Future
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11.
- “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28.
- “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” Philippians 1:6.
- “5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6.
- “3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy, he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you.” 1 Peter 1:3-4.
Talk to God
When we look to the world for answers, we find only strife and confusion. If we look to God, we find hope. The hope of Christ might not end the quarantine tomorrow, but it offers us a more beneficial perspective. We can trust in the Lord’s promises to lighten our burdens and lift our quarantine blues.
I think it also helps us to remember to spend some time in prayer to keep us focused on the way of the Lord. Our creator wants to hear all about the things that weigh us down. Today is a good day to begin a new routine as we spend time in prayer.
Heavenly Father. You created everything in this world, including this little virus. Teach me your ways. Show me how faith as small as a mustard seed can change the perspective of my problems. Forgive me for the times I let the issues of the world overwhelm me. Help me put my trust and hope in You only. Thank you for Your promises. Let them penetrate deep within my heart and calm me daily. Keep my family and friends safe and be with those who are suffering. In Jesus’ name. Amen.Show me how faith as small as a mustard seed can change the perspective of my problems. Click To Tweet
Yvonne M. Morgan, author, blogger and speaker.
Matthew 28:19 “Therefore, GO and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
100% of the proceeds from sales of my book, Turning Mountains Into Molehills, go to help the orphans at Orphan Relief Effort, Inc